Years of experience: 4 Years
Degree requirement: Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, and Related
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Cisco Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco UCCE(includes scripting), Cisco Emergency Responder, Microsoft Lync, MGCP, SIP, H.323, T.38 Faxing Protocol, Voice and Data Circuit Provisioning/Troubleshooting, Analog Technologies, Video Conferencing, Virtualization, Cisco UCS, Active Directory, Network Concepts, DHCP server/client, DNS, VLANs, Switching, Routing, VPN, Firewall, VoIP, Wireless, Cisco IOS, Data Center, Network Management Software. UCCE experience is a plus. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly explain concepts and problems to employees and clients in non-technical terms.
- Core routing and switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches
- Cisco Routers
- Cisco ASA
- Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Spanning-tree, VLANs, Port Channels, Load balancing, SPAN, NAT, ACL
- Cisco wireless communication design and configuration: Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, Client, and WAPs
- Tools & Management: Wireshark, Cisco Prime, Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS)
- Authentication: TACACS+, RADIUS.
- Service Management Tools: Service now, Splunk etc.
Job Duties and Description
- Maintains primary responsibility and technical oversight for the engineering, configuration, implementation, maintenance and support of LAN/WAN, UC, Telephony, VoIP and operations.
- Implement on and off boarding procedures for phone, call recording and other routine call center voice and phone solutions.
- Develops and implements scalable VoIP and network solutions for all call center environments including: Cisco VoIP design/implementation/escalation support ( CUCM, CER, and voice gateways), QOS, Network Monitoring and Management solutions. Performs tuning tasks associated with VoIP and Network infrastructure ensuring application reliability in a local and wide area environment. Responsibilities include troubleshooting software and/or hardware problems for VoIP and network based systems, installation/project implementation, and maintenance of VoIP and network documentation.
- Configured various models of Cisco Routers, Switches and AP’s (2960X, 2960G, 3260 Series) which includes configuring VLAN’s with 802.1 q tagging, handled Trunk Ports, Port channels, VTP and spanning tree for creating access, distribution and core layer switching architecture and also configuring end ports as access ports sing port fast and implementing BPDU guard.
- Provided 1st tier support to Users utilizing Cisco Call Manager 8.5/10/11 with features such as Device pool, Calling Search Space, line Extensions, multi-line extensions, call forwarding, call waiting settings, directory number settings and Cisco Unity 7.1/8.5/10.
- Configured and managed Cisco wireless controllers to a single point management of access points, simplifying future configuration.
- Manage and Maintain Servers Analog fax lines, Voicemails, Auto Attendants, Phone setup, and Alarms/Alerts
- Experience working with Aruba controller, Airwave network management, configuring WAP’s on the controller, monitoring and managing them on the airwave, also work with Visual RF on the airwave platform.
- Core routing and switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of Service Now incidents and tasks
- Shared on-call responsibilities for after hour support, as required